Director of Health Services
Ann Williams is the Director of Health Services on the TMA campus. A Registered Nurse, she leads a small team of RNs in providing health services to students and employees during the day. Their goal is to maximize academic and spiritual growth by ministering to physical needs.
The school nurse is authorized to make medical referrals for illnesses or injuries that occur during school hours only. For illnesses or injuries that occur away from school, please contact your physician for medical assistance. The school nurse cannot make a medical diagnosis.
The School Nurse:
- Provides nursing care for injuries and illnesses which occur during school hours.
- Administers physician-prescribed and over-the-counter medications provided by parents during school hours
- Provides care for students with diabetes, asthma, severe allergies, seizures and other special health concerns.
- Develops Individualized Health Plans as needed.
- Monitors student medical records for compliance with state law and school policy.
- Serves as a liaison between students, parents, teachers, administrators and health care providers.
- Available to meet with parents to discuss the individual health needs of their child.